Slider

In honor of Valentine's Day.

2.16.2013



If you've been following my blog for a while, you'll already know that the past two Valentine's Days were more than perfect for me. (You can read about them here and here.) While it's different not having a significant other on this holiday, I still absolutely love it! I went to Walmart Thursday morning to pick up some valentines for my team and friends at work, and I just loved seeing the little middle school boys buying flowers and chocolate and teddy bears for their sweet little 14 year old girlfriends. At work, a co-worker and I spent a solid 20 minutes watching a man draw hearts and messages on the windows of his wife's van. I had a couple friends get engaged that day. And the next day, I heard plenty of cute stories about how couples spent their night. I love love. I love how selfless it has to be. Watching people be in love makes me giddy. And I really love a holiday that reminds people to show others that they care about them. 

I think I spoke a little too soon when I said that no matter what happens, nothing could make this week worse than the last. But it's hard to stay mad when there are so many lovely things in the world. Sometimes it's too much to take in, and I feel like I'm going to burst. Then I remember to stop trying to hold on to things, and it makes me grateful for every single moment of my stupid, lovely little life. 

I hope you weren't a cynic on Valentine's day. It doesn't matter if you had a valentine or not! Didn't you know that in your one little heart, you can love the whole entire world?


1 comment:

  1. Kalynn, I hope this doesn't sound too mom-ish. Although, there IS an 8 year gap between us which makes me pretty much ancient compared to you. :) Anyway, you are an amazing girl--woman--and you have helped me as I have watched you grow, especially over the last 3 years. I want to be more like you in a lot of ways. You're going to do great things-- in addition to the things you have already done. :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete