Slider

The story of two best friends.

5.08.2011

Our relationship began on October 22nd, 1991. From prior to day one, she knew I was as stubborn as heck when I waited until the last second to flip over to the right side so that my delivery would be safe. But my stubborn-ness didn't stop her from loving me 100 percent. And her hair didn't stop me from loving her either. (haha! just kidding, mama! Love you!! AND your hair!!)


















As I got older, our friendship grew. I was never unsure of my mom's love and support for me. She came to every single one of my dance performances, no matter where or what it was. She even bought expensive tickets to see me perform at the Vegas bowl and at the Stadium of Fire; not to mention the traveling. She was always there for me. She gave me endless opportunities to try everything I wanted to try, and she always encouraged me to try more.


Look how pretty she looks in this picture! I've always thought my mom was beautiful, inside and out. I always took great pride when people, oh, so many people, I might add, would tell me that I looked just like my mom. Although, in this picture you may think I came from some Chinese lady, it is not the case. The older I get, the more I look like my mama. How lucky am i?

 Being away from my mom made me realize how much I actually needed her. Not that I haven't always known I needed her, I just never knew it was so much! I don't know how many times I would call her on the phone crying about money problem or roommate problems. If there's one thing I learned from moving down to Cedar City, it's that my mom really is my best friend. I would come home on weekends, and all I would want to do was play games with her and my dad. I'm so glad that I don't have to live far away from her anymore.

Mom, I love you so much more than I will ever be able to say. 
Thank you so much for all that you have done and continue to do for me.
I'm so excited to be back for the summer.
I am so glad that I'll be working in American Fork while I'm going to school at BYU so that I have a good excuse to stop by every day.
I'm really looking forward to our scrapbooking Saturdays, and to Sunday dinners.
Happy Mother's Day, Mom!
You're the best and I love you to death!


p.s. Happy Mother's Day to my 3 lovely sisters Melissa, Julie, and Katie, who are all beautifully wonderful mothers, and I am so glad that I have all of you as examples to learn from for when I become a mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment