Slider

NEW FRIENDS + CAMPING

8.28.2017











Right before summer began, I told Jake that I want to spend at least every other weekend camping. I will be the first to tell you that this summer has been crammed full of so much fun. Nearly every single weekend we've had some fun adventure planned! But here we are nearing the end of summer and the one thing we hadn't done yet was go on a real camping trip! And by real I mean sleep-in-tents, cook-all-your-food-over-a-campfire, no-showers allowed CAMPING. We looked at our calendars and realized the best weekends left of summer were all busy for us, and our last real chance to get in a good camping trip was that upcoming weekend. I had a wedding to film Friday night, so I knew I wouldn't be able to meet up with everyone until at least 9:30, but I knew it would be worth it! I wasn't wrong.

Well, I should say I wasn't wrong about it being with it. I WAS however, wrong about what time I'd be able to get up there, haha. The wedding ended up going over by an hour and a half. I was so antsy to get up the mountain! Jake had sent me a few pictures of the campsite that they found, and it was the most gorgeous spot! All the official campgrounds were full, so they had found a secret little spot farther up the mountain. Jake met me at the bottom of AF canyon at 10:30 (patiently waiting for me, since we were supposed to meet there at 9:15. What a guy, right??) And I think we made it up to our campsite, where Lexi and Josh were, at about 11:00. Josh is one of Jake's best friends from high school, and Lexi is his adorable wife! They're the cutest couple. I had met Josh a couple of times, but was really excited to finally meet Lexi! I was surprised that they had waited for us to start dinner! So as soon as got there, we started roastin' some brats over the fire. Then Josh and Lexi taught us about woof-ums. (I have no idea how you spell it?? haha) Basically they're some sort of secret camping dessert! You roast a biscuit over the fire, and once it's cooked, you stuff it with pudding! In the end, it tastes pretty similar to a creme puff or eclair--a.k.a--they're delicious. 

My favorite thing is falling asleep outside in a tent. I love the atmosphere and the sounds of the great outdoors. And there's nothing like waking up to the smell of pine trees and the sound of a little river flowing right by! In the morning we made pancakes, eggs and sausage, and had some grapes and apple juice. Then we just hung out by the fire for a while before cleaning up to head home. 

Like I said, it was a short camping trip, but it was worth every second! 

1 comment:

  1. "wolf'em" . . . because they're so good that you just want to wolf'em down! :'D

    ReplyDelete