Slider

JACKSON HOLE

8.14.2017
























Jackson Hole was the perfect last road trip of the summer! Ever since one of my best friends, Carlee, moved away to Rexburg last December, I've been wanting to take a trip out to visit her. So last month when she was down for our friend Paisley's wedding, and we were sitting together at the luncheon, we finally decided to just pick a date and make it work! And we decided that from Rexburg, we would all take a day trip out to Jackson Hole. It was a lot of driving to do in only one weekend, but it was well worth it! 

Friday night after work, Jake and I hit the road for Rexburg. We stopped along the way at Sweeto Burrito (one of my FAVS. drooling just thinking about it) and continued on our way. It was so fun to arrive in Rexburg, see Carlee and Brett's apartment for the first time, catch up and chat until midnight! The next morning, we woke up and Carlee and I had a little kitchen dance party while we made some breakfast burritos. It was just like we were roommates again! ;) 

The drive from Rexburg to Jackson Hole was a beautiful one. We stopped a couple of times, hitting up a small street market, taking pictures at breath-taking lookouts, and lastly arriving at Jackson Hole Town Square! Of course right away we had to head over to the antler arches for a little photo-op. Then we wandered around the many different shops, perusing the t-shirt options, trying not to buy ALL the candy in sight (I may or may not have spent $20 on salt water taffy alone...) and then realizing how hungry we were, stopped by a little burger joint called Liberty Burgers. As we ate our lunch, we pulled out a map to see what our options for the rest of the day were. We decided we had to go on the Cowboy Coaster! On our way back to our car, we pass a little shop where you can take old fashioned photos....I have ALWAYS wanted to take those photos! You see people taking them all the time at Lagoon, and never having done it, I wanted to so badly, haha. I begged and begged Carlee and Brett to join Jake and I for some photos, and finally they gave in! haha. And, oh my heck, those photos were so much fun to take. We got to dress up in old western outfits, and we just had a blast. I'm so glad we did that. Then we made our way to the rollercoaster! It was a little scarier than we thought, because we were in control of our own speed the whole time. But it was so much fun! 

By this time, we were all feelin' a little tired and decided to make our way back to Rexburg. Once we made it back, we stopped for some dinner at my all time favorite, Cafe Rio, and then grabbed some stuff to go do a little campfire in the woods! That lasted about an hour, until it became pitch black outside and Carlee and I got a little (a lot) spooked. By the time we made it home, we all passed out pretty quickly. 

Not only was it such a fun weekend, but it was so good getting to spend time with Carlee and Brett, and having them be able to get to know Jake a little better. 

As another summer starts to fade away, I can't help but reflect on how much has happened since this sun-soaked season began. It's hard for me to believe everything that has gone on in just 4 months, but I am happy that I've been able to find meaning and happiness in all of it. 

Now bring on Autumn! 

1 comment:

  1. YOUR TRIP TO JACKSON SOUNDS INCREDIBLE! I am so glad you had such a great time! Super jelly of the old fashion photos (dream of mine), you guys looked sooooo good in those photos, hottest couple ALERT. Hooray for summer, so sad it is coming to an end, but Autumn brings good too we hope :)

    ReplyDelete