Slider

Do Something.

7.13.2014

Lately I've had a few experiences that have left a huge impression on me. For example:

//One morning I was already running late for work, and I had to stop at the grocery store to pick up some donuts for my team. As I was in a hurry to get out of the parking lot, I accidentally halfway pulled out right in front of another car. Usually when this happens to me, I probably put my hands up and make a face that suggests "you're a really bad driver, what the heck are you doing?" But the little old man in the car that I almost wrecked simply smiled, nodded, and waved! I was being stupid. I was in a hurry and wasn't paying enough attention. He had every right to make me feel like an idiot, but he didn't! 

//On a drive through the canyon this morning, I got a big hole in my tire and it went flat instantly. I was having a hard time getting ahold of someone to come help me change my tire, when some biker gang dudes pulled over, went straight to the trunk for my spare, and got the job done in less than 5 minutes! And they were so nice and warm the whole time they were there. It was 100 degrees out there, and they were still happy to help.

//On the opposite end of the spectrum, yesterday some "Anonymous" blog commenter decided it was on her to-do list to try to make one of my friends feel bad about herself. They commented on her blog saying things like, "You're a terrible writer, quit blogging"(Which isn't true at all) and "Go kill yourself." 

This world is already negative enough, isn't it? Can't we all just decide to be people who ONLY build others up? Can't we just learn to recognize that the things we do and say might have more of an affect on others than we realize? Let's be people who not only are simply not rude to others, but who are actively working to make the world and other people's lives better. Let's do something. 
If not us, then who?

Matthew showed me this song yesterday, and I absolutely love it. 


2 comments:

  1. YES!... I loved this post. You are absolutely right. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! So happy you blogged again! I love reading what you have to say. And this was an especially good one. You inspired me. :)

    ReplyDelete